Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today was kind of low key at Throwbacks. Pat seemed annoyed with a couple of guys so I kept my head down and did my work. After we did Fives - you and a partner each do five sets of five takedowns each - me and two other newish guys spent most of an hour working with Aaron Sullivan, an IMPD officer and combat submission wrestler. We worked on the half guard and two submissions off of it. It was good work and I am anxious to apply it. Learn a little, try it out, learn a little, try it out. I feel pretty good today but my shoulders are still trashed from yesterday's CrossFit.

Diet 8 a.m. Two eggs, fruit salad. 10 a.m. Half a tuna sandwich, half a pear. Noon Side salad, lasagna, water. 3 p.m. Half a tuna sandwich, handful of macadamia nuts, almonds, and peanutes. 7 p.m. Po Boy sandwich - smoked sausage and coleslaw - chips, applesauce, soda. Drank lots of water today. 9 p.m. Leftover fruit salad from this morning.

Strength & Conditioning See below.

Skills Worked takedowns and then drilled the half guard and worked two submissions from it: an arm triangle and a kimura.

No comments: