Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Catchin' Up

Monday

Got up and out the door for the 7:15 a.m. CrossFit. 400 meter run, 15 thrusters at 115#, 15 pull ups, three rounds for time. Not to be confused with the push-press, the thruster is a front squat to overhead press. My time was decent, something around 18 minutes, mostly because I didn't quit on the runs.

Diet 8 a.m. Fruit salad, water. Noon Tuna sandwich, chips, two cookies. 3 p.m. Salad with three ounces of chicken, greens, kidney & black beans, green peppers, and a little Ranch dressing. 6 p.m. Handful of macadamia nuts and chocolate covered cashews, multivitamin, two fish oil caps, water.

Strength & Conditioning See above for CrossFit details. I rode my bike to work and home. It's a nice 25 minutes each way and I figure anything that's free and contributes to a healthy lifestyle is worth doing...when it's warm.

Skills Nada, baby.

Tuesday

Felt good today until I spent an hour at the bank dealing with bullshit. If I make a payment online and the money leaves my account but is never received by the payee, where does it go? What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Pat wasn't at the gym tonight so the re-re's ran the group home. The port-o-let that was outside the gym for a few weeks is gone now so it's back to pissing behind the dumpster. I'll have to ask Pat how he feels to get an office and then have it taken away.

Diet 8 a.m. Two eggs sunny side up and fruit salad, multivitamin, two fish oil caps. Pizza. 3 p.m. A small bag of peanuts, macadamia nuts, and chocolate covered almonds. 7 p.m. Steak sandwich, chips, and a pickle. I drank a lot of water today.

Strength & Conditioning No thanks.

Skills I jogged, did 100 jumping jacks and three sets of 10s (sprawl, push up, jumping squats) to warm up. Pat never showed so dudes split up and worked on what they wanted to. In that situation I don't feel like I'll get much out of rolling, so I worked on Muay Thai. Three three-minute rounds of Muay Thai shadow boxing and then about thirty minutes of working on Thai kick technique with Ian Ransburg. That little man kicks hard.

No comments: