Thursday, April 17, 2008

Submission by vomit.

I was trying to pass Pat McPherson's guard when he shouted. I looked at his hand and his pinkie was dislocated at the first knuckle. I think he jammed it against my knee. He pushed it back into place, taped it, and said, "You know, if you don't give a fuck it doesn't matter," and we started rolling again.

Diet 8 a.m. Fruit salad. 11 a.m. Jambalaya, greens, black eyed peas, Switch. 2 p.m. Two slices of cheese pizza and a soda. 7 p.m. More jambalaya. I need to get back on a tighter meal plan but I'm the only one who cooks in this house and when I am busy the wheels come off. I drank lots of water today.


Strength & Conditioning Something like 150 kicks on the bag, each leg, and four rounds of grappling. People talk about how well-conditioned grapplers are, and it's true, but I don't think Thai boxers get their due. Kicks absolutely wreck your heart and lungs, especially when you're throwing 25 or 50 in quick succession.

Skills Ian hovered around me tweaking my kicking mechanics. I am starting to feel quicker and more powerful with my kicks. Pat work with me on creating space with my hips and controlling my opponent. I get my ass kicked on the mat by pretty much everyone in the gym but I managed to pass guard on the heavyweight I rolled with today and maintain side control and a half guard for a while. Baby steps.

No comments: