Thursday, March 6, 2008

time flies

I didn't even realize that I hadn't written anything in a couple of days. I am on deadline with two freelance stories and I am busy at work (where a possibly promotion is driving me to distraction). I was so sore on Monday that I passed up my CrossFit workout in favor of limping around and struggling up and down stairs. I went to the YMCA on Monday and Tuesday, my diet was decent, and my weight is hovering around 244#. On Wednesday afternoon I made it back to CrossFit. It wasn't a spectacular performance but I gutted it out and my legs feel fine now. I think I needed some time to reacclimate to working out after having the flu and now my body is working again.

Today I went to Throwback's but Pat forgot the key at home. I had to leave at 6 p.m. on the dot so after waiting for 20 minutes, I went to Self Defense Systems and did nine two-minute rounds of work - jump rope, shadowboxing and heavy bag. Starting with Saturday, I have about half a dozen sparring sessions before Golden Gloves. My soda consumption is still low compared to sixth months ago but none at all would be better.

Slow and steady wins the race.

No comments: