Sunday, January 13, 2008

Time Flies

"You're losing weight," my friend said. "I can see your belt buckle." It's rude, it's funny, it's true. My food choices have been a little better, I'm back about one soda a week, and I am doing 45 min. to an hour of light cardio five to seven times a week in addition to my CrossFit and MMA workouts. It's taxing, but it's getting results. I've dropped eight real pounds since New Year's. It may be water weight; all I know is that my weight is dropping by about a half pound a day. I am at 250 right now, 220 isn't that far away if I keep losing weight at the rate of three to four pounds a week.

I created a meal plan for this week, taking into account three primary meals as well as pre-CrossFit feedings, afternoon and post-MMA workout snacks. It was a pain in the ass, but failing to plan is planning to fail. My sleep schedule has been better, as has my quality of sleep. Breathe Right strips were one of the stocking stuffers my girlfriend gave me for Christmas and I must say they work wonders. I have narrow nasal passages, a deviated septum, and lifelong allergies and sinus problems. An ear/nose/throat doc told me that I could have surgery to carve out my sinus cavities and brace my septum so that I could, you know, breathe through my nose like a normal person. The only catch was that I'd have to get a hobby that didn't include getting punched and or kicked in the face. I had resigned myself to a lifetime of mouth breathing until I put the strip on. I cycle so much more oxygen when I wear them that I feel like I'm on dope. I sleep so much better that I wonder if I've been oxygen deprived my whole life. I'm a pretty bright guy, but I could be a frickin' astrophysicist if my parents put infant sized strips on me in the crib.

I sparred four rounds with Jake O'Brien on Friday, strictly boxing. It was an...educational experience. I try to blog at least every other day, but things have been crazy with personal upheaval involving my and my fiances jobs. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I will be able to do what I intended to with this blog.

No comments: