Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday

Between Friday's CrossFit workout (handstand pushups, pull ups, burpees) and sparring/focus pad work that afternoon, my elbows are a little locked up. The discomfort and tightness is reminiscent of how I felt a long time ago when I would curl more than I should have. Need to ice them down tonight. I'll probably restrict today's work to my MMA workout. There is a thin line between working through pain and aggravating injuries, letting them linger longer than they should. I have to walk a much longer road to become an athlete than the guys I am working out with. I have to make sure that nicks and bruises don't pile up and become more serious and debilitating injuries.

I weighed in at 248.5# this morning.

Felt out of sorts all day. A lot of career stuff is up in the air, good things are happening and bad things are happening and everyone has contradictory commentary on each twist and turn. Between job stuff, wedding stuff, band stuff, freelancing stuff, my head was in a fog.

Diet 8:30 a.m. Two pieces of toast, two eggs, three small sausage links, two pineapple slices, orange juice. 11:30 a.m. Aloo ghobi (curried cauliflower and potatoes), a piece of bread, brownie. 3 p.m. Peanuts and a banana. 7 p.m. Jamaican patty, red beans and rice, fried plaintains. 9 p.m. Two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Conditioning None.

Skills None.

No comments: