Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back on the wagon.

Jeff told me today that I could be one of the best CrossFitters at the gym if I overcame my mental blocks and trained with consistency. Consistency is the key. The holidays completely knocked me out of my routine and it's not like my schedule was ironclad before Christmas. More consistent follow-through is on my resolution shortlist.

As corny as New Year's resolutions are, I can't help but buy into the spirit of renewal just a little bit. A hippy-dippy relative gave me a really extensive astrology workout for my birthday last spring and it said (surprise) that 28 was going to be a big year for me. I laughed it off at the time but I've made big strides in my career, got engaged, cut a lot of dead weight from my life and got in over my head with this project. At my current pace I'll be in better shape on my 29th birthday than probably any previous year, I have a happy home life, my financial situation isn't so apocalyptic - I could go on. Point is, I made a handful of resolutions, most of which are geared towards finishing this project with a bang. Consistency in carrying those resolutions out will determine if it ends with a bang or a fizzle.

Diet 5:30 a.m. Granola bar, orange, water. 8 a.m. Homemade Padd Thai - tofu, egg, peanuts, and rice noodles. 1 p.m. Bowl of chicken noodle soup. 5 p.m. Granola bar, water. 8:30 p.m. Pizza, breadsticks, steamed vegetables, water.

Conditioning Shok Fitness in the morning, two light cardio sessions at the YMCA.

Skills None.

No comments: