Friday, June 13, 2008


(Sweat lodge from Prairie Net.)

Yesterday was my first day back at MMA workouts. The garage doors were up in the gym and there was a nice cross breeze but after the six rounds of ground and pound against the cage I was sopping wet. Jake O'Brien worked on takedowns with me and another guy and for the first time I think I may actually be able to include them in my tool box. Two five minute rounds of rolling with strikes wrapped up my day. Then I walked over to the garage door and dry heaved before wringing the sweat out of my shirt.

Diet Nothing in the morning. 12:30 p.m. Indian buffet - salad, rice, vegetables, chicken, bread, water. 7 p.m. Two beef hot dogs, baked beans, mac and cheese, potato salad, steamed broccoli. Can you say wedding weekend barbecue leftovers?

Strength & Conditioning See above.

Skills See above.

No comments: