Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hello, old friend.

I am back on my feet and functioning at something approaching normal. It is disturbing how much being sick, hating my job, and not being able to work out for two weeks affected my mood. I hit bottom over the weekend, feeling listless, having problems with confidence, self-esteem. I haven't felt that bad in a long time.

I went back to Indy Crossfit yesterday and lasted two out of the proscribed five rounds before running to the bathroom to heave for a while. It's going to take me a week or two to get back into the groove. I passed on my MMA workout today because I have a lot going on with work and my job hunt and needed to assemble a new resume and portfolio. I think I may just do some light workouts on my own until next weeks. Dudes are getting ready to fight in Columbus and I'd rather jump back in next week at something approaching full strength.

This sickness was the universe's way to tell me to slow down and I am paying attention. No more two-a-days for me. I will be doing Crossfit and MMA on alternating days from here on out. On paper it might retard my progress but I think I'll be able to learn more and train harder when I am recovering fully and not getting knicked up, sick, and worn down every week.

No comments: