Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gearing up for a new week

Last week I was swamped with work (full-time and freelance) and drained from the stress resulting from a small financial crisis and fiance/mom drama. My band is recording this weekend, putting the rest of our material to tape before breaking up. It's been a fun, low-key way to put an era of my life to rest. I lost the passion for loading equipment, staying out late, and driving long distances. Don't get me wrong, many of my best memories were made with these guys, and guys I've played in bands with. But I think I've accomplished everything I'm going to accomplish in rock and roll and now it's subject to the law of diminishing returns. Maybe the fire will come back but I am passionate about other things now and excited to focus on aspects of my life that always took a back seat to the band.

My weight is hovering around 249#. I want to do my work and dial in my diet this week and see if I can get down to 245# by next weekend.

No comments: